Friday, May 15, 2009

Forty by Forty is Done!

It's done! Well, writing the list that is.

Now I get to start doing these things. Making this list was a great experience. I have had many conversations with people about what I should put on my list, and what they would put on thier list. There were some really fun, crazy and completly off the wall things people suggested.
Thanks to everybody that sent me suggestions, you may see some of what you suggested, or my variation of them. This list is about the things that I have once thought, "Wouldn't it be great if I did ____" or "Wow, I would love the chance to do ___". So, Instead of looking back in 10 years and thinking that it would have been nice to do these things, I am going to do them. All of them I hope... I have 9 years 1 month to get them done!! Plenty of time for a procrastinator like me!

No, really, some of the things on my list are easy and can be done soon, some are going to take some time and preparation. I look forward to this challenge, something fun, something scary for me, and a wide wide opportunity for growth!
I will post everytime I get something checked off my list! I cant wait to get started. I am going to start looking for an opportunity to do at least a few of the items this summer!
So, here is the list... Let me know what you think!



Forty By Forty List
1. Buy a house!
2. Go Parasailing
3. Lose 50 pounds (or more) and keep it off
4. Go to Italy and tour Tuscany.
5. Take a class about wines, and learn the difference between them all.
6. Learn about investments, and then make a good one.
7. Accomplish changing a tire- by myself.
8. RUN a 10K the whole way.
9. See Rockefeller Center at Christmas Time
10. Buy a pair of Red High-heels, and wear them out somewhere.
11. Set up, plan and pull off a community food event for a holiday.
12. Grow a garden!
13. Learn sign Language.
14. Have a will drawn up.
15. Visit Paris, and go to the top of the Eiffel Tower.
16. Do something very uncharacteristic of myself- this one could take on a life of it’s own…
17. Pay off at least one student loan!
18. Go to my high school reunion (20 years)!!
19. Read a classic book that I am ashamed to say I have not read yet… (Title to come)
20. Get Published!!!
21. Start a family, married or not, whether it be having kids or adopting a child…
22. Buy a car, something I really, really want
23. Become PCS certified.
24. Teach in the field of physical therapy, somewhere.
25. Visit at least 3 church denominations that are different from my own.
26. Learn how to crochet, or knit, (don’t know which one I want to do…)
27. Visit 5 National Parks, or Historic sites in the USA.
28. Go One Month without eating out at a restaurant.
29. Cook my way through a cookbook!
30. Have a picnic in a park, with a real picnic basket (always wanted a full elaborate picnic basket, and reason to use it).
31. Go white water rafting.
32. Learn how to sew clothing, and make a great outfit.
33. Take tennis lessons.
34. Write the children’s book that I have always wanted to write.
35. Read a book from cover to cover in one day.
36. During a presidential election-watch all the debates, and know enough to speak intelligently about the issues.
37. Go to Time Square for New Years Eve, among all the other crazy people!
38. Take a cruise!
39. Volunteer time to a children’s charity or event.
40. Be OK with turning 40, and say it proudly. Celebrate this birthday with an amazing celebration with family and friends!
Well, There it is! Let the fun begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment