Friday, May 8, 2009

Second Leg of the Journey

After leaving Virgina, I was off to Las Vegas for a physical therapy meeting. This was my first trip to Las Vegas and I was really excited. I stayed at the Luxor hotel, and the conference was at the Mandalay Bay. The best part of the conference was the fact that I got to present my research in a poster presentation to the entire group. This was a highlight in my career so far!


While on the trip, I took an interesting bus trip down to the other end of the strip and then attempted to walk back, by myself. That was a long, long walk but it was great to see a city that everyone in the world knows. My favorite hotel was of course, the Paris, and Bellagio. I stayed and watched the water garden show at the Bellagio twice.


As a novice gambler, well, if there is a word for less than novice- that would be me... I was worried about attempting to lose money at the tables, but had some great beginners luck! My original 25 dollars turned into 250 in a matter of 20 minutes! I called it quit after that, I did not want to push my luck. I met up with some friends from PT school and caught up at the Alumni dinner! This was a great trip.

After Vegas, I was off to Grapevine Texas. I started in my second traveling assignment, working in an outpatient pediatric facility, and I love it. I now know that pediatrics is where I belong. I love being back in Texas!! I am close to some of my oldest friends, my sister and brother in law and the part of town that I grew up with.

I have been here 12 weeks so far, in a great apartment. I applied for the full time job at the facility that I am placed at, but sadly it just did not work out, at this time. It was really a heartbreaking decision, but I had to make the best choice for me at this time in my life. So, Instead of leaving next week (as originally planned), I am extending my contract here for 5 additonal weeks. The bad news here is that my apartment was rented already, and I have to move over the course of the weekend! So, this weekend I am packing and next week moving, but to where you ask? I want to know too....

My company is still looking for a place for me, they had me go out to see an extended stay "hotel" seriously at the airport (outside the window were the Fedex planes!). It was less than great, in fact it was awful and I told them no. They are looking for something else, hopefully soon......

Me and Griffin (my dog) are just waiting for more information and having fun in the meantime.













No comments:

Post a Comment