Thursday, October 1, 2009

Updates...

Its been awhile since I posted an update for my friends and family, I have been swamped! With work, my new side business of sewing everything under the sun and getting ready for the biggest challenge of my life (so far...) - things have been CRAZY.

So here goes the list-


At work- Great news, I am staying in North Texas through the end of the holidays- of at least December 31st... and I found out today- I get to stay in my apartment! No hotel living for 8 weeks! (I would have really not been happy if I had to go to a hotel... its not a glamours lifestyle.)

I am a busy girl this month- I have a wedding to go to, bridal showers, bachelorette party, a baby is going to be born... So many things.


"life"- My friend Ashley had her handsome baby boy- welcome to the world baby Jake! Your going to be knockout! Cant wait to meet you! Doggie and I are doing ok, no real news to speak of. Trying to stay healthy- its funny- at work if someone sneezes- we all panic about it... but I think we'll make it!


Griffin in his car seat looking outside as we drive home from "daycamp"! Geesh- I have a spoiled dog!

I am sewing again, I am making purses, aprons, pillows (Cheryl- we need to pick out your fabric!- I saw Euro forms on sale the other day) and maybe teaching a friend a few things about simple sewing... Watch out Carolyn- you know I dont do things 1/2 way.... (smile)


I am enjoying it, for now... Austin and Sara want to help me start a website to sell things on - but I think if I do that a hobby would become 'work'... not sure if I want to do that or not. we'll see.

Walk- I have 6 days to raise 407 dollars to meet my goal of 2300$ for the Breast Cancer walk. If I dont make it (probably not going to happen in 6 days)- I have to pay it for now.... uhh- Better start sewing everything in site! But the good news is that I am doing one last fundraiser- and its a great one. I am hosting a Texas Holdem poker tournament- 25 dollar donation to the cause, and 25 into the "pot" for winnings- everyone will walk away with something! ohh- free beer and wine too! you cant beat that for a night of fun.!!!! Let me know if your interested!


Interesting moments recently:

1. Apartment fire... not great - but good news is nobody got hurt and my apartment was not affected- only 2 doors down from me. Thank goodness nobody hurt, but the fun part was meeting firemen! yea... except some had to come into my apartment with me to check wiring and my place was a mess from sewing all day.... oh well...


Well, that sums up the last few weeks. I have 34 days till the walk! Keep me in your thoughts- and wish for the strength to complete this giant task- I am really excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment