Thursday, September 3, 2009

Sooo I like to Sew! But I tend to go Overboard!

First of all, Its been SO long since I posted anything! Bad blogger...


But, In all my preoccupation recently, I have started to sew again. I started out making a comforter for a friends daughter. She designed it and picked out fabric, and I have to admit, I was NERVOUS about making it. I didnt want to mess it up, or have it turn out less than great for a friend. But, thankfully, it turned out great and she was really happy with it (as was the little girl that gets to have it). I took this photo from thier blog- hope that was ok Emily?? I think Emily and I need to team up for more projects, she designed a great blanket!




Well then, I had the sewing machine out and I cant just let it sit there, so I went to the fabric store... oops...I went a bit overboard..



I have the 40 by 40 list, and one of the things on it is learn to follow a pattern and make a great outfit. Well, I bought a pattern, for tote bags! and made 9 of them, yes 9 total. But they turned out great. I have sold a few of them, and the others are going to be auction items at the Pretty in Pink Coctail Fundraiser that another friend of mine is holding the our 3Day walking team!


Here are a few of the pictures:







Had fun doing it, and will continue. I want to go pick out a pattern for a great outfit that I might be able to wear soon! More to come on this endevour!!! Maybe I will try something like this?? Never know!








2 comments:

  1. Kaley loves her "blankie"! I am so happy with how it turned out! You are amazing. I saw that bag at work yesterday and was wondering if you made it! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bags are super cute!!!! I need to get back into sewing myself. I have about 6 unfinished projects.

    ReplyDelete